The Trailer Court Piano...

I have Loved having this piano...It has some fun memories... When Ryan and I were first married, we were in the Logan USU 10th Ward.  As with all the Wards we have been in, it was the best...We loved everything about it...I was soon called to be the Ward Choir Director.  I was completely shocked and I was certain there were many more qualified to do it, but as I learned at a very young age, No matter the call, you always accept and do your very best.  There is always something the Lord wants you to learn...So That's what I tried to do...Soon after, the previous director asked me if I would like to have the "Trailer Court Piano".  I said absolutely!!!  Apparently, as was custom in the ward, every time the Choir Director moved out of the ward, the piano would go to the next Piano Director.  She told me that she had promised to hand it down to the next one...I didn't make that promise because we had just learned that the Trailer Court would be phased out...And to my knowledge, it is no longer there...So I have enjoyed the "Trailer Court Piano" for the past 13 years...I am so very grateful!  I don't believe I would have remembered how to play had I not had one all these years.  Now that our children have started to play and I have been asked to play in Primary, I find myself practicing often.  I Love it!  it's so soothing and the kids love listening and dancing to the music..I am thankful for all Ryan's family who have been willing to move it every time we have moved...Its SO Heavy but it has definately served it's purpose...The last time I had it tuned, the tuner pretty much told me that he would have to replace just about everything if we wanted to help the kids "properly" learn piano...So, we decided that it was time to get a new piano, despite the sentimental value this piano has had.  Sadly, I cannot find anyone to hand it down to, so when the piano delivery guys come, I will send it with them.  Hopefully they can fix it up and someone else will enjoy it as much as we have...I cannot wait for our New Piano though!  It's coming today!  One of our New Years Resolutions has been to introduce more Music into our home...This will definately help to fulfill that need...We are all very excited!


Comments