Sweet Memories of Miles

I thought I would record some of the thoughts racing through my mind...because there are many...they are jumbled but they are precious to me...


I think of Miles and his promise Just a few weeks prior to his death...His promise to his buddy to serve a mission...his mission was just earlier than the rest...He's just one step ahead of us...Wednesday prior, he had an interview with the bishop...The interview was to prepare to baptise his little sister Kandi the following Wednesday...It was more than just a baptismal interview...it was like an interview of his life in preparation to return to our Loving Heavenly Father...He has lived a great life...

I realize how close heaven really is and these tender sweet feelings come with the realization that He and others who have passed on are truly not that far away...

I still remember my sweet nephew Landon, expressing his love for his brother as he tried to hold back the tears, his admiration of Miles good attitude and the influence that he has left for him and others...

I keep seeing the image of my sister sitting in the hospital room, stroking her sons hair, holding him close to her heart, wishing to hold on a little longer but knowing that it was his time to go...How I wish I were there to comfort her but how grateful I am for the support and the love that others showed to her during those moments...She said to me...Just hold your children always...and I promise to hold and kiss them more...Enjoy the times that we have with our loved ones...

I will always remember the night that I drew his picture...the tears flowed freely as I shaded his perfect chin and that sweet mole, his perfect smile and that cute smirk, those awesome Holm eyebrows and his eyes how he always looked straight into your eyes when you talked...always listening, expressing gratitude and kindness...

Service in the church has a whole new meaning to me today...I was so impressed with the massive amount of people at the funeral (hundreds)...It meant so much to her...Kara's refrigerator, freezer, cupboards, the kitchen table have remained full of food...I have always known it was important to serve others but I realize now how very important it is that if you feel like you should do something in someones time of need, you just do it!  don't ever think twice...just do it...don't worry that it won't be appreciated, or wanted, or what someone else may think... you just do it...Let the Holy Spirit Guide...

They created a cemetary on Miles Land...his very own haven...As we drove to the spot, feelings rushed through me...The last time we had been there, Miles drove us...the memory of my nephew driving Ryan and I along on this long dusty bumpy road...It was fun, a little frightening and amazing at the same time...I think of that little Hut that Miles and Landen made...a little hut until the time when he could build his own little house there...Never did I imagine that it would truly be his resting place...It was Beautiful!!!

I know that God Lives...I know that he loves us and is mindful of our needs...I am so thankful for the plan of Salvation...The fact that we can be together forever...God loves Us and wants each of us to return to live with him some day...I am so very Thankful that I had the blessing of knowing my sweet Nephew Miles...



Comments

Enjoyed your testimony on Sunday you are a Rock! and so is your sweet little family! Thank you for the reminder and sending our love your way!
It is so tragic to lose someone you love, especially when they are so young. I have been thinking about you and your family, and sending you warm thoughts. I am sorry for your loss. I love the picture you were able to draw, and the memories you jotted down. He sounds like such an amazing young man.