Sew Mama Sew

I have been so in the mood to sew lately that it seems every day, I have something that needs to be sewn...It all started with Julie bringing me a little "boning" to make a "hooter hider"...Thanks Julie!  I went to the Quilted Hen in Vernal and decided that I should only go in that store if I want to spend a little money because they have such cute stuff!
And Bekkah figured it out real quick...She's had 2 brothers...she knows what's coming...
I had some extra material so I made a little dress out of a onesie and a cute little pair of booties...(actually I made the booties first and decided I needed an outfit to go with them...haha)
 And I have made a couple of blankets...and another pair of booties...Ryan calls it "nesting" but I am really enjoying myself.  So are the kids.  They are happy to help.  I have very little desire to work outside in the yard these days...I cannot complain about the heat because this summer doesn't seem to be bad.   I go to water aerobics, take the kids to swimming and that's just about as much of the outdoors I desire...Ryan even hired me a lawn man to take care of the grass...I really thought I would be mowing all summer, because I really do love it, but lately, I am so grateful to not have to worry about it...
We have Just under 12 weeks...Wow this summer is flying by!!!

Comments

Marci said…
Ahhhh, you are nesting! And I love love love my hooter hider. I had 2 and one was always with me. I basically nursed everywhere. :)
12 weeks?!? I also loved my hooter hider with Baylee- two was definitely nice, one can stay in the diaper bag at all times and the other can be in the house. My friend makes them also, one thing she started doing, since she is crafty like this... she added a silk backing to the hooter hider so it slides over the baby and when they kick it doesn't stick. I had already weaned Bays when she started making them this way, but all my friends said they loved them even more! And, since you're crafty like her- you can try it if you want to!:)
You amaze me with your talents lady!!
The Wintertons said…
I love the little booties! You will have to show me how to make them when I have a girl someday... haha
Debra you are an amazing person! I miss water aerobics, won't be able to go again until July 26. :( But at least I'll still be doing other stuff that is fun too!