Flaming Gorge and Red Canyon Lodge

On Saturday, we decided we wanted to take a trip to Flaming Gorge and Red Canyon Lodge.  It's only about 1 1/2 hours from our home and "I Thought" that we had never been there.  Even after we had a full day, Ryan was still trying to Convince and Remind me that we had.  I still couldn't remember.  Well, come to find out, we did, before we had any children (that says a lot).  He even had Family pictures to prove it.  Now, I remember the pictures, but I vaguely remember the trip. When we went before, We were living in West Jordan, we didn't see the dam, we didn't ride the Green River and we took a total different route to get there. Life has sure changed and I couldn't believe that it was so far from my mind...It made me feel old...Anyways, We had a great trip!  It wasn't a bad drive, the kids were pleasant, the weather was beautiful and there were very few people.  We went a week before it really officially opens up.  We got to enjoy a free tour of Flaming Gorge Dam (not bad compared to the offered $30 tour of the Hoover Dam, which we chose not to go on.)  The Kids each completed a little booklet and at the end, they earned a cool little badge. 






 The next picture of these fish looks like nothing...these rainbow trout were HUGE. The kids had fun feeding them.  When they tossed in the feed, these fish would just swarm around the food.  It was pretty cool.  The tour guide said that the food stank like dead fish so the kids talked about their stinky hands all the way back to the top...Luckily there was a place to wash our hands...


 We went to Red Canyon Lodge and It was beautiful.  I wish that we could have stayed the night...We will plan on it another time...


 Dustin was being silly...He was choosing not to stand by Kaden and Bekkah...I love that mischievious little look...


 He eventually gave in...

 There were Lots of Birds...the kids enjoyed watching them all flock together and then chasing them away...



We were home by 4 in the afternoon.  We still had enough time so I mowed our lawn while Ryan mowed the duplex lawn.  Ryan so kindly went to the store for me and on his way back, he noticed the Drive Inn Movie was open, so we packed up the van and went to Rio (Cute Show.  The kids loved it).  We could have stayed for the Wimpy Kid 2, but by 10:30, we were all ready to go home.  Even today, I still have remnants of the party in our van...i will get to it...eventually...It was well worth it. 

Comments