Busy Weekend

Since we found out we were expecting, there has been much debate as to what we do about Bedrooms.  We have 3 bedrooms upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs.  All of us have been upstairs...but not after this weekend.  We decided that it would be best to move our boys downstair by the playroom.  The were delighted!!! I spent most of last week cleaning and getting ready for the weekend.  I decided I had to let my art room go because it seemed to be the best way to make room.  It was not an easy task...The Art room was "an art room"...a complete disaster!  I was exhausted the day after but very excited about the possibility.  We had not finished the closet yet so that was on our Saturday to do list...Ryan did a great job.  I measured out where I wanted things to go.  We had most of the supplies and we finished it in a day.  I love how it turned out! 
 We also decided it was time to buy the boys their own dresser...They have been sharing a hand me down one with just 3 drawers (the bottom drawer was broken) and it was not doing the job...They love having their own drawers...and a little more independence...I love that they can find their own clothes and put them away now...
 We still need to take out the large bookshelf and put a few pictures on the wall but they have made the change very well...They feel pretty lucky being so close to all their toys...
The Girls will be upstairs...Bekkah has been sleeping in her full bed for the past couple of years.  She has loved her sleigh bed but with the new baby, we needed to convert it back into a crib.  We debated about getting her a twin or having them share bedrooms but 8 years seems to be a big difference in age.  We decided it would be best for them to have their own rooms.  It will also be best for the boys to be downstairs so the baby will not wake them in the middle of the night...Bekkah is a deep sleeper and the boys are light sleepers...
We went with the cutest bedroom set...we figured it would last until she leaves home...isn't that a sad thought...

 I love all the little details of this bed!  She said last night that she felt like she was a princess...
 and she has already made herself at home...
We were all so excited to pull out Bekkah's old baby bedding.  I have always LOVED it!  When Bekkah was born, we moved in with Ryan's Parents shortly after.  We had a brand new beautiful crib and this lovely bedding set and yet she slept in a pack and play until she was 9 months. She only used it from 9 months until she was 18 months old (when she decided to take a pen to each butterfly)  I packed it away and decided it was time for new bedding.  When I pulled it out this week, the pen marks were still there.  I took some alcohol to it and they are no longer visible.  I was so happy!  It's fun to see the baby's room ready...We cannot wait!

The boys also got to see a "REAL COWBOY" in the alfalfa field this weekend.  The man that changes the sprinklers in the field, decided to ride his horse.  It was fun to wake up to...

Comments

Changes are so much fun! The boys will love being down stairs and the girls will love having their own rooms! I'm so excited for you and your family! Looks amazing!
Melissa said…
It's nice when you can feel like things are ready. :) We still need to work on that a little...but I know it will happen, just not as soon as I want it to!