Our Baby Chicks

We decided that we had gone long enough without our chickens. Honestly, I didn't think that I would be so ready but I am very excited!  On Saturday, we got our babys.  They are all so cute! They were a little camera shy but I am sure that we will get more pictures in the future.  It was so nice to have a place for them this year.  The coop was all ready.
We each picked out our own...

Daddy's - Silver - The Gray One
Mommy's - Fluffy - The one with the Yellow Fuzzy top
Bekkah - Marshmallow - The smallest white one
Kaden - Batty - short for batman - it's the Biggest Black chick
Dustin - Cocoa - The brown one

It will be fun to see how they turn out...they are all so different...By the time our new Snow baby gets here in the fall, we should be getting 3-4 eggs a day...Yeah!  I sure have missed our eggs!  It was so nice not to have to run to the store for eggs and it will be nice to not have to go to the store as often... 

We will make sure to hold them lots, feed them treats, let them out every day, hold them some more because the more you handle them, the better they are...Chickens are just so fun!  Some people complain about how messy they are but I think we do pretty well...We love to spoil our chickens:) My one hope...that we don't get any roosters!

Comments