Ryan's "quick" little trip...

I have been putting off any information as to Ryan's Job for quite some time...but seems as though I have what seems like a good story, I might as well tell before I forget...

As I have noted before, Ryan's Job and responsibilities have changed quite a bit...some good and some not as good... But with those changes have come new opportunities.  Wendsday, Ryan was to fly to Atlanta, Georgia for an interview.  He has been communicating with "Charlie Brown" for about a month or so now (He's pretty high up on the chain apparently).  This trip to Atlanta has not been without it's complications.  His 3:30 (perfect) flight from Vernal was canceled due to weather in the basin.  It was important enough, that Ryan took a later flight Thursday morning, 12:50 am...We were not sure what to do about the extra vehicle so I drove him to Salt Lake (3 hour drive)...with the 3 kids in tow...they did great! It's amazing what some fun glow in the dark buzz lightyear candy sticks can do to an additional 3 hour trip back home...He made it to his meeting just in time...which meant that he pulled an all nighter...as much sleep as you can get on an airplane.  Ryan arrived in Atlanta at 6 am.  He took the train arriving at the train stop at 7:30.  He began walking and got about half way to the building and someone picked him up.  Ryan had forgotten his coat and the man didn't think that he should be walking in such cold without a coat.  It was about 45 degrees.  He gave him a ride the rest of the way.  Ryan arrived at 7:50 to start his 8:00 interview (that's late on Ryan's clock..he is always running about 15 minutes early) 

Ryan had a great 4 hour interview and lunch with a good group of people.  They loved his travel story...Then they gave him a ride back to the train station and he was off to the Airport.  We checked the flights and everything seemed to be going so smooth.  The previous flights had all left and landed and there was no report of cancelation.  He got to Denver Colorado just in time for his other flight to Vernal and they canceled that flight...AGAIN!!!  The flight to Salt Lake was already completely full and the next flight to Vernal would not be until 2:30 the next day!  The only other option was to get a rental car and drive the rest of the way....I felt so bad...he was exhausted!  I made him promise that he would stop if he got too tired...I picked him up in Vernal at 8:30 am Friday morning and we were so happy to have Ryan back!

I really don't know what is in store for our little family but whatever it is, comes learning and growth.  I am ready to do whatever it takes to keep my honey happy...He means the world to me and I can see his desire to improve, grow, and really make a difference...He is truly amazing to me!  He always accomplishes what he sets out to do without losing focus of what is really important.  I know that if we put our trust in the Lord, all will fall in to place.  I am reminded lateley of the scripture, "where much is given, much is expected in return".  We have been so blessed!  Wow we sure have a lot to do in return!!! I love being married to Ryan!  and I love our family!  What was life like without them?  I cannot even imagine!!!

Comments