Thanksgiving and Holiday Kickoff

Before the Holiday's started, we had to get a little crafty...we saw these at the Duchesne County Rookies Ready to Read...they were so  messy  fun!  We colored with colorful Corn Syrup






On Thanksgiving Day, part of my family came out to Roosevelt.  My Mom and Dad, my Sister Kara and her family, my brother Kenny and My little sister Amber all traveled for hours to come...  We also joined Ryan's brothers and their families...We had a great time!
I forgot to take many pictures during dinner...so if anyone would like to share, please send them my way:)
The boys and Madison enjoyed some fun football

 Ryan, Kaden and Dustin thoroughly enjoyed playing games with Kara's boys ! 

 And the girls had fun catching up...Kara and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving and surprisingly it wasn't that busy and we got some great deals!  Kara was searching for a denim skirt and we didn't see one...so we decided to make some skirts for the girls out of Bekkah's old jeans....It was their idea to add the red and white hearts and They Loved them!   
 We also made our traditional Gingerbread House...It was messy but it turned out so cute!


 Didn't they do a great Job?!



 We pulled out the traditional Merry Go Round...I think they spent the remaineder of the day playing with this...They were laughing hysterically and I had to see what was going on...
 

 It's so much fun when Batman's can get a ride on the carousel...thanks Grandma and Papa for giving us this great yard sale treat a few years ago...It's tradition now!
Friday Night we also went to 2 great movies....The older boys went to Harry Potter while The girls and younger boys went to see Tangled...We Loved it!  It was so cute!

 ...and now look at the gingerbread house...they don't last long around here:)  I guess you might as well enjoy them while the candy is still good and not stale...
 Saturday we finished decorating the tree...I love our Christmas tree:) 
 It's very kid friendly...and edible:)
 and the kids did a great job decorating!
We Love the Holidays!

Comments

Looks like great memories were made! I love this time of year! Ryan also did a wonderful job on his talk! Hope you got to hear it too!
Debra said…
I agree! He did do a great job on his talk! Thanks for the advice of using that cool ear device...I felt so much better about being able to hear him...I will never miss out again:)