Happy 70th Birthday Dad!!!

We planned a fun "Surprise" Birthday Party for my Dad on January 1.  We planned to be there New Years Eve...That night, we stayed up way too late to decorate and put things together...I was in charge of the cake.  It was so fun!  I love fondant!  it's like sculpting...it's just edible...I was going to line the extra top and green grass with chocolate covered raisins (one of his favorites) but since we left a day early... I ran out of time and the hill top just had to go rockless...He Loved it regardless...My Dad has been walking up his hill ever since I could remember...I think he walks about 4 miles a day.  He always takes his walking stick, He my Mom and his two walking buddies, Curly and Ginger (they are not his dogs but they are faithfull walkers)  The kids and I found some dogs and added a little paint to make them look like them.  I also changed an army guy to look like my dad (I added a walking stick, tan cap, dark jacket, blue jeans and white shoes)

 It was a good cake...2 full size chocolate cakes, atleast 2 pounds of powder sugar, 2 pounds marshmallows, and 3 cups of chocolate frosting...MMMmmm
 I also put together 70 "Riesens" what we love about Dad.  It was good to call all my 6 siblings to get some good stuff...


 It was a fun Party!
 We enjoyed their hills...
 And we loved my Dad's new shed






 
Bekkah and Madi totally Biffed it...

 She was done after that...
 And the boys can never get enough of Curly and Ginger...







 After sledding, I pulled out the leftover Fondant and let the kids play...It was fun to see what they could come up with...


 And Ryan had fun with all the boys...



 My Dad loved the 70 "Riesens" that we love him.  I had the privelege of calling my 6 siblings to get atleast 10....It was touching to see my Dad tearfully bear his testimony and his love for each of us.  Love you Dad!



 (last minute...Bekkah had to add her own creations to the cake...It was delish)

Happy 70th Birthday DAD!  Love you so much! 

Comments

Marci said…
Holy cow your dad is 70, I can't believe it. Love the cake! Wish you were here to make Devany's first.